A few years ago we launched our Proposal tool and we were overwhelmed with how many dealers loved it. Since its inception, we have tinkered, and changed a lot of the core elements of the tool, favoring simplicity over features to create something totally unique in our industry. Now we're launching our first new module since the proposal tool, called People.
One of the reasons we’re so excited about this is because it’s our first release in a long list of dealer improvements that we’ve committed to for 2019. Last year, our development resources were pointed towards our marketplace. This year we are focused on adding the features dealers have been asking for - and it all starts with 'People'
So let’s get into it...
'People' is a new section on our site, which allows you to organize all your clients, employees, and contractors. It allows you to manage information such as phone numbers, emails, private notes, and multiple locations. That’s right, you can now add multiple locations to a client and switch between them on the fly when building proposals.
By pulling client management out of proposals altogether, everything gets easier. For example, you can now click on a contact and see all of their historical proposals in one list. We then indexed all the information so you can quickly find what you need without searching through your entire history of proposals.
We also added a couple more cool things...
- Locations are auto-generated using Google maps, ensuring precise locations every time.
- Your current list of proposal clients will automatically be turned into contacts and proposal history will be retroactively added to those accounts.
- We added the ability to create, organize, and assign site contacts for each address location. This allows your techs to know who to call when they arrive at the job site.
- We added contact 'types' so you can manage more than just your clients, including employees, contractors, or other contacts.
- We added a private notes section so your team can record information about a client or document instructions for accessing a property.
This update also means you will see some minor tweaks to the proposal tool as the 'People' module becomes fully integrated. We can’t wait for you to try it out and as always, if you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to our Dealer Happiness team.
Here's a short preview video: