May 29, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.05.21.25
- 9729 - Dealers have reported they sometimes forget to click "save" when typing a long project or area description, causing them to lose work when they navigate away from the page. We've added a safety-net to help prevent this. Our WYSIWYG editor will automatically save your work in the background every 60 seconds. We will start with 60 seconds and reduce the save-interval after we are confident it does not slow anything down. The “Save” button has been replaced with "Done" and when it is clicked it will make one final save. “Cancel” has been removed but you can use the editor’s "Undo" function to go back. In addition, if you attempt to leave the proposal page without clicking "Done", a message will prompt you to to click “Done”, so you don't lose any work.
- 9715 - When a proposal has been submitted to multiple emails, the “Proposal Opened” notification email will now include the email address of the recipient that opened it.
- 9688 - When a logo has been uploaded for the Dealer’s company, the company name will now appear on the PDF, which matches the Web Version.
- 9676 - Resolved some issues related to nesting and the order of items in an Area that were related to merging duplicate items in the catalog.
- 9773 - Fixed a “refresh token” issue that would result in pushing a user out to the marketing page. It seemed like a forced log-out, but the user was not actually being logged out.
- 9740 - Removed the ability to uncheck the small, round checkbox when selecting an order on the add to order modal. It was not being used.
- 9739 - Fixed an issue that was preventing the order CSV file from downloading.
May 18, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.05.14.4
- 9686 - Removed the small round checkbox when selecting a proposal on the "Add to Proposal" pop-up window, since it didn't serve a useful function.
- 9661 - When an Option has been selected on a proposal in Draft status, if an item is being added to that area, the "Add to Proposal" pop-up window will default to indicate the selected Option.
- 9685 - We made sure timestamps in proposal list, order list, people list, and catalog (last verified date) match the timezone selected in the user settings profile. If no timezone is chosen, it will default to CST.
- Site Slowness - You may have noticed some slowness in the past week or even the need to log out. We have made several infrastructure and query optimization improvements and the site is back to normal. As our product data import service grew we also moved its processing to off-peak hours to reduce load on our database. Additional optimizations are planned for the next few weeks, and we are continuing to monitor the speed of the platform daily.
- Forced Log Outs - We recently implemented a new secure access token functionality. This service will force log-outs periodically (approximately once every 60 days or so). We have identified instances where users are being logged out before the token expires and we're currently working on improving this to prevent unnecessary disruption.
May 12, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.05.06.2
- 9651 - Fixed an issue that caused a delay in loading client information on proposals
- 9660 - When an Option has been chosen by a customer and the proposal is set back to Draft status, the Option now stays selected.
- 9677 & 9682 - The footer of the Client and Installer PDF's on area pages has been updated to match the format used for other sections of the proposal.
- 9678 - When a new part is created in QB Online by syncing, the dealer cost and sell price will be included in the part info in QuickBooks.
- Site Optimizations - Recently we've seen our API server usage spiking, leading to site slowness at short periods through the day. We've refocused our dev team on addressing these issues and optimizing our services. This is our top focus for this next week.
April 28, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.04.23.2
- 9596 - We fixed an issue that prevented updating the company logo on the user settings page.
Payments *COMING SOON*
- Continued work on Payments module, to be Beta launched in May. If you are interested in Beta testing Payments, please reach out to our team.
- 9617 - Changing a proposal from accepted to completed will no longer result in “ghost” proposals, which would show up during proposal searches. The source of this issue was also causing item images to not load when you first open a proposal. Both are fixed.
- 9555 - We fixed an issue where nested items were not “sticking” to where they had been placed.
- 9655 - The sales tax exempt link on POs is working properly again
- 9618 - Proposal search and list view was not working properly. This is fixed.
- 9610 - The “name supplied already exists” error resulting from labor items with an extra space at the end has been eliminated.
- 9588 - Items deleted in a dealer’s Quickbooks account will also be deleted from the Item Mappings during a push so that a new mapping can be created.
April 15, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.04.08.7
- 9563 - New integration with canny.io! This replaces receptive. It is a better, cleaner designed tool for our users to log feature requests and see our progress updates.
- 9565 - When a dealer signs up for a trial, or is subscribed to any plan other than Lite/Lite Annual, they will now have access to the new QB Online integration automatically.
- 9542 - On the settings page we moved the payment methods up under the subscription section. We also set up a way for dealers to set their default subscription card. We adjusted some language in the subscription section to make it more clear what clicking links would do (changed “Click here” to “Change Plan”)
- 9590 - We added the13 point font size in the WYSIWYG editor which the default size. Previously, once you change the text size in a description area, you could not get back to the default, as it wasn’t an option in the list.
- 9559 - We fixed an issue with the Quickbooks Desktop connector (now 188.8.131.52), that was preventing logging in. Please update to the newest version in order to log in.
- 9558 - We fixed an issue that was populating a “Query Parse Error” when attempting to sync.
- Fixed a Proposal Search issue
March 30, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.03.26.4
- 9462 - We fixed an issue that was occasionally preventing search results from populating in the catalog when searching just a brand name.
- 9437 - Updated to Angular v9. Angular is our front end (User Interface) framework, and was chosen due to its lightweight nature in the browser. We make our best efforts to keep our platform up to date with the latest technology and platform versions.
- 9516 - Fixed some PDF formatting where some client/installer PDFs cut off the Company and Prepared By information.
- 9508 - The amount of time allotted to download a PDF has been extended from our PDF service in order to prevent timeout errors with larger proposals.
- 9433 - Moving an accepted proposal back to draft will now clear any previously selected options immediately.
- 9431 - Deleting a parent item within a nested group will no longer hide the child items until after a refresh.
Payments *COMING SOON*
- We continued work on our payments implementation. We worked on enrollment as well as payment requests.
- 9525 - We added “Cost of Goods Sold” to the expense account list in settings.
- 9520 - Instances of a colon ( : ) in an Item name will be removed from item short descriptions and names when pushing to QBO (QBO rejects colons).
- 9517 - We fixed an issue where an error would sometimes display saying that an item couldn’t be created because the name was already in use.
- 9539 - We fixed an issue that was generating errors due to hidden characters within product names.
- 9519 - We fixed an error regarding customers being flagged as tax exempt incorrectly when pushing.
- 9538 - We fixed an issue where occasionally custom items have only spaces in the model names and quickbooks was unable to create a new item. We will use the description if a model is missing or only has spaces.
March 17th, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.03.11.6
Quickbooks Online Integration - 🎉 OFFICIALLY RELEASED 🎉
- 9497 - We made final backend updates to the QBO connection in settings
- 9490 - When a dealer indicates that a catalog item does not match the suggested item in QB, the integration will no longer still map it to the existing, suggested item.
- 9485 - Upon connection of a QBO account to Portal, the settings page will populate to allow dealers to review default Chart of Account settings for new items that are created in QB.
- 9481 - If a new item is being pushed to QB that is in multiple areas on a proposal, it will no longer cause an error.
- 9480 - If a proposal uses an old Misc. Item (rather than our current Custom Item), the description will be used as the item name when mapping to QB.
- 9477 - If an item is created in QB when syncing and it matches the same name as another item, “ _1 “ will be added to the name. This generally only happens when a separate item type (not a product) has a name that matches the item being created.
- 9474 - Adjustments to the tooltip that appears when you hover over a QB error message.
- 9473 & 9472 - Adjustments to the QB part and client matching pop-up windows.
- 9470 - When a customer is created in QB from a proposal, the “same as billing” address box will be checked in order to provide a shipping address for determining tax in QB.
- 9495 - PDFs can now be loaded as cover images
- 9478 - Opened proposals will now display the 👀 emoji so you can see at quick glance that they’ve been viewed
- 9457 - Dealers will be able to download the client PDF without receiving a “value cannot be null” error message, which was generated based on specific types of content in Area descriptions. However, if you have HTML content in a proposal, you may have some formatting issues. This can be fixed by removing all the text from the poorly formatted section and then re-pasting it in the section.
- 9433 - When an accepted proposal is moved back to draft status, any options will no longer be selected.
- 9432 - When options are selected by the client, this will be reflected on the dealer’s side in real time, while the client is looking at the proposal
Payments *COMING SOON*
- Lots of work continuing to build the integration and user experience. We estimate beta release in April. Contact our team to be considered for Beta.
- 9456 - We resolved a query error that occurred on some orders
- 9458 - Some dealers would occasionally see a “Not Authorized” error pop up, which was related to person location API endpoint. This has been resolved.
- 9471 - Required fields will now have a blue-outlined box, rather than a red one.
- 9423 - When a dealer downgrades to the Lite account, the number of active users will be immediately reduced to 1, with any of the secondary users becoming read-only.
February 26th, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.02.24.2
Quickbooks Online - NOW IN BETA 🎉 🎉
We locked the dev team in a dark basement and fed them only when they checked in code and we have created the world's greatest QuickBooks Online integration!! This release contains the integration but it will only be turned on for a few dealers that have agreed to beta test for us. QBO Integration should be available in wide release in approximately 2 weeks. Here is an operational sneak peek!
- 9414 - Dealers on the Lite plan can now enter their dealer cost on all products, including products available as Portal Select.
- 9407 - For our non US dealers, you will now see the origin (currency code) of the MSRP in your product detail.
- 9413 - The price of a Portal Select item on the Add to Order page can no longer be modified. Portal Select prices are fixed, and cannot be modified on a per dealer basis.
- 9412 - Some dealers reported that when filtering to just view drafts, the list was incomplete (and pages were missing). The status filter for Orders (Drafts, Submitted ,etc) now will show the full list and all pages of orders on an account.
- 9406 - If a vendor is removed from a multi-vendor Order, the Order status will now update correctly.
- 9411 - Searching Custom Items from within a Proposal now searches Brand, Model, and Description.
- 9408 - Eliminated the issue causing an error when downloading some PDF or CSV files from Proposals.
- 9378 - When deleting an Option from an Area on a proposal, it appeared that you deleted everything in the area and required a refresh. You no longer need to refresh to see the items still in the area.
- 9375 - The color of the ‘Add Part’ ‘Add Custom Items’ ‘Add Labor’ buttons on the proposal areas is now a darker grey after we received feedback that it was not obvious that they could be clicked.
- 9374 - The static text in the Payment Schedule & Project Terms now indicates that those sections are optional.
- 9372 - Some browsers would not allow you un-select Labor and Custom items when adding them to a proposal. You can now select and un-select labor or custom items more consistently while adding to a proposal using Safari and Chrome.
- 9363 - The company logo can now be seen clearly on the cover page of the Installer PDF of a Proposal.
- 9361 - If you choose to use a custom description on a catalog item in a proposal, all future uses of that item on any proposal will default to the most recently used custom item description. If you change the custom item description on a proposal, it will not retroactively adjust your old proposals. To start using the catalog default description again, just simply switch to it in a proposal and then all future uses of that part will use the default rather than the custom.
- 9357 - The “Review & Submit’ button on Proposals got a makeover! It now has an edit icon with the words “Email & Submit” to make it more consistent with what happens when you click that button.
- 9381 - The client view of the proposal will now match the PDF version of the Company Phone Number.
Payments (COMING SOON)
- We set up our new domain that will be used when requesting payments from clients via the Portal ( https://secureproposalpayments.com/)
- 9373 - Improved the experience for dealers who enter a new credit card after a billing failure.
February 3rd, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.01.29.1
- 9317 - Design and usability improvements to the catalog results page (colors, font, etc.)
- 9328 - Previously, downloading the pdf of a proposal that contained a period in the name would prevent it from opening properly. Proposals will now download and open properly even if the name contains a period.
- 9327 - When we push the sample proposal (#100) into dealers’ accounts, it will now only create 1 labor and 1 custom item. (it was creating an entry for each time the labor/custom item was referenced on the proposal)
Payments (COMING SOON)
- 9290 - We built in segmented control for payments & transactions, and built filters for “All”, “Draft”, “Outstanding”, and “Paid” statuses.
- 9332 - When creating a PO from the add-to-order window, the new order disappeared if the user does not finish adding the item to the new PO that was just created. Web app is resolved, iOS app fix will be resolved in the next app store release.
- 9340 - Resolved an issue preventing existing connection to Quickbooks Online from the integrations section.
- 9320 - *Coming soon* More work has been done to build out the new QBO integration
- 9330 - Added clear error message language when a wrong email or password is used to log in.
- 9281 - After subscribing to a paid plan, the “x number of days left on your trial” message will no longer appear or require a browser refresh.
- 9319 - Design and usability improvements to the add-to-proposal and add-to-order windows (color, spacing, and labeling).
- 9318 - Design and usability improvements to the look and text of buttons for proposals, people, and payments.
January 27th, 2020 Release
Web App Version: v2020.01.22.4
- 9229 - When a dealer’s subscription payment fails and a new credit card is added, the payment will be reattempted immediately rather than the system waiting until the next scheduled processing time (usually up to 8 hours between automatic retries).
Quickbooks Online Integration *COMING SOON*
- Beta release estimated mid February. If you'd like to help evaluate the early release please send us a message and we'll get you on the list.
- 9260 & 9266 - Back-end development of a brand new in-app QuickBooks Online integration. Sneak peek:
Payments *COMING SOON*
- 9169 - Continued developing backend functionality for the new payment feature.
- 9309 - Added the ability to show multiple statuses for payments and improved the design of filters. Here’s what it looks like:
- 9303 - Added the party popper emoji to accepted proposals within the proposal list. Accepted proposals need to be celebrated!
- 9296 - Resolved an issue related to cloning proposals with nested items that would occasionally present an error message (“Sequence contains no elements”) when trying to download the client PDF.
- 9264 - Changed filter name on Proposal List and Labor Item list from “Recent” to “Last Modified”
- 9283 - Resubmitted POs will now show as resubmitted within the PO history
- 9306 - Individual supplier order totals will now show up on the order list view, by supplier
January 8, 2020 Release
Web App Version: 2020.01.03.1
- 9217 - We made the proposal acceptance process a bit clearer, where it is marked as accepted as soon as the client signs and hits submit. They no longer have to go through the comments modal window and click again for it to be accepted.
- 9210 - We removed the stock status tag on items in proposals.
- 9209 - Updated the Option selection text for dealers at the bottom of an area.
- 9207 - The Arrange Area function got an upgrade, where you don’t have to grab the arrow to move an area up or down. You can now just click and drag anywhere on that area box.
- 9184 - For Proposals with high discounts, the profit calculation % was incorrect. It will now accurately report the profit no matter how high the discount.
- 9136 - There was a rounding issue (1 cent difference) on tax for some Proposals on the web version versus the PDF version of the proposal. They now match.
- 9216 - We added the ability for dealers to delete POs in any status, other than Portal Select or Marketplace orders.
- 9228 - We fixed an issue where attempting to resubmit a previously-submitted PO resulted in an error.
Payments *COMING SOON*
- 9258 - Created screen designs for when no transactions and no payments are available within the payments section.
- 9256 - Created proposal payment details within the payments section.
- 9254 & 9255 - Created design and list for payouts in the payments section.
- 9253 & 9230 - Created the screen for transaction details in the payments section.
- 9165 - We set up the Card Connect configuration and environment.
- 9154 - Created payment enrollment screens.